Saturday, July 28, 2012

Up, Up and Away!

We took a detour South East to a little city called Metropolis, IL. Hmmm, Metropolis? Why does that sound so familiar? Why do I feel like I have heard that before?
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superman, the home of, in this case. Metropolis boasts a 15' statue of the American Hero. We figured our oldest would really enjoy this. He loves everything Superman. Well, across the street is a couple cutouts of Superman and Supergirl. What's that behind them? A Super Museum dedicated to one of DC's heroes!
In there you will find everything you could possibly want to look at. It had everything back to the original superman. There were type writers, the original phone booth circa 1948, which I had my picture taken in. It had the crystals from the first movie which built the fortress of solitude. It had the original cape worn and signed by Christopher Reeves from the 1978 blockbuster. It had boots worn by the evil General Zod. I cannot begin to tell you about all the little collectibles. I think I circled the museum 3 times. Timothy said his brain hurt from all the information he processed. The museum also had a section dedicated to Superman Returns which I am still bummed they didn't make a sequel. They also had sections dedicated to Supergirl and the television shows Louis and Clark as well as Smallville. Basically, a Superman's paradise. The gift shop was "I want one of everything type shops." If you ever are going through or by Illinois, you NEED to stop in Metropolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment