Sunday, July 1, 2012

HOF day!

  So, we made it. The Hall of Fame and all its glory! We were in the hall for better then 4 hours. I could have stayed much longer... and definitely can see myself going again as I am now a full fledged member. We started out at the Bullpen Theatre and I choked up. Yup! Definitely in the right place. I truly enjoyed the older stuff. Did you know that baseball use to play with NO FOUL TERRITORY? It wasn't until the late 1800's when all the rules we come to know came to fruition. One of the biggest being, changing the length of the game from the first team to 21 runs, to playing out 9 innings. Can you imagine being at a game that goes until a team score 21 times? The Boston/New York games would go on forever. The other cool thing was how the radio broadcasters would get the morse code signals over the wire and call the game as it came in. I couldn't help but wonder about the picture to the left. So, for those of you have seen the movie The Natural with Robert Redford when there is that seen where Roy Hobbs pitches 3 pitches to The Whammer, I couldn't help but think there was a connection. Also, I know Cy Young was an amazing pitcher but 700+ complete games. Just really hard to fathom. However, the moment that took the cake wasn't seeing all the World Series rings, or all the present day lockers of all the teams with special memrobilia like Schillings sock from the 2004 ALCS, but being able to be a play by play announcer with my oldest son as the color man calling Hank Aaron's 715th home run and getting to keep a copy of our created audio.
  After that, we once again went into a bunch of shops. It's a good thing that I am going on a long trip because I would have spent a small fortune today. We ended our day in Cooperstown eating lunch at the Otesaga Resort Hotel and having a delightful lunch with the family over looking the lake as seen  to the right. We have made it into Niagara Falls and that is on tap for tomorrow. The weather looks to be another fine day.     Oh, and about the bucket, we had to use it. Poor Luke got sick 5 minutes from making it to the hotel. Little guy hasn't slept much. I think its because of all the excitement. I will tell you, I forgot how draining driving can be. However, last night as we pulled into the suite in Cooperstown and Luke started the Crazy Train theme (No Lie), the drive didn't really matter.

1 comment:

  1. That just sounds Magical Josh! I'm enjoying reading your adventures so far!

    ReplyDelete