Friday, July 6, 2012

Education on Vacation?

  Today we had a bit of education on vacation. Actually, the more I think about it, we have had a little education throughout the vacation. Anyway, today we went to The Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago. While we were there we took in a Myth Busters exhibit. It is based on the guys on T.V. who confirm or debunk myths with Science. This worked out good as it was 99 degrees today. There was lots to see and quite a bit of hands on too. This was great stimulation for the little guy. The older boys played against each other in mind ball. This is where they sit across from each other with an apparatus attached around their head where the most relaxed brain waves win. It's kind of like tug of war but with the mind. We took the CAT (Chicago Area Transit) to the Museum and a taxi back as it was much more efficient navigating rush hour traffic.

  At night we went to the Navy Pier. We were hopeful of fireworks. Although, they do fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday. Guess it wasn't meant to be. However, it was still worth the visit as it's a pretty area. Not to mention I got a good picture of the city from Lake Michigan (One of the 5 Great Lakes). The kiddos have now seen two of them with Lake Erie.
   I was able to snag a picture of the Chicago Tribune building. I am hopeful before we move onward tomorrow that I can get a shot of Union station. Just so I can tell myself I was at the location depicted in the movie The Untouchables. We'll play it by ear. We do need to start making some headway towards California. It's just so hard with so many things to see.
  My post would not be complete without sharing where we ate tonight. We ate at The Billy Goat Tavern, known for a couple of items. One being the SNL skit and The Cubbie Curse which is fitting since we went to Wrigley.
  As I write this the kids are off swimming with the wife and then off to bed to get ready for tomorrow's trek: Field of  Dreams!


Luke informed me tonight that he wants his bedroom transformed into a BUBBLE room as seen on the right.





Oh, I neglected to tell you one of the coolest parts. The kids made their own toy, a spinning top, from assembly to packaging and the robot engraved their name on it. That's a cool keepsake.

2 comments: