Saturday, July 21, 2012

The California Dessert

Due to our late departure, (Who? Us?) today will be a drive day as we head to the Grand Canyon by way of The California Dessert along route 40 East Bound, where it's gotten as hot as 111 degrees. Got water? Still, the view isn't that bad. However, it would be nice to see a gas station soon. There could be a story developing. Stay tuned...

So, our gas light just came on and we are 36 plus miles from next city. I checked my gps and there is a gas station 12 miles on Route 66. I told Dale, I bet they only accept cash. We get there and no debit at the pump. It's $4.99 a gallon. We put in $40 to make sure we could get to next city. I looked at the couple next to us I was like, "You know how you say I'll never get stuck in the middle of nowhere..." They replied, "...And here we are."

Another memory just created!

Update: We're eating at the Wagon Wheel Restaurant on Historic Route 66. Apparently it can get up to 130 degrees in Needles, Ca. No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment