Saturday, July 21, 2012

California Dreaming

I am not sure how the pictures will mesh with the post as I attempt to keep the blog alive via my phone thanks to the mobile app Blogger. However, I'll be damed to allow my initial intentions be thwarted.
As we wait for my credit card to show up, (Apparently, it was delayed a day for some reason) we will hang out an extra day in Burbank. Nothing wrong with this as our hosts have been great and it gives us another day with family. Again, Nothing wrong with that. We are just a little worried about making it home on time without doing a cannonball run type drive. So because it is Thursday and my check for work won't clear until tomorrow, Disney will have to wait a day.
So, we went to Zuma beach in Malibu, Ca. First thing I noticed: the surf is much rougher than on the East where I am from, hence the waves are higher which is really cool. Thank goodness for Dale's death grip on "No Fear" Lucas. The boys and I were successful in flying a kite. According to my son Timothy, it got vertical some 485 feet give or take a few. The view was beautiful and everyone had a great time. We even saw Dolphin swimming along the shore. Tim was super close as he was swimming a ways out. He thought it was a shark at first. Phew! The life guard was watching him just in case. Good suggestion Heather and thanks for lunch. So far it's been 20 days on the road when we made it to the beach and Dale and I haven't killed each other.
We ate dinner at Aunt Ruthie's. The first in home dinner we've had on our trip. It was nice. Tomorrow... Mickey Mouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment